Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Chuseok Celebration

Last night was the culmination of a lot of hard work, heavy planning and mashed potato mashing. Okay, maybe not so much with the hard work/planning bit, but there certainly was a lot of mashed potato mashing involved.


I had the idea a week or so ago to have a Chuseok potluck with the foreign teachers at my school. Everyone was interested. Then I figured I ought to include our South African friends down the road who invited us to their awesome rooftop barbeque. Badabing, badaboom, we had a full-fledged party on our hands.



Thanks to the Sou'fricans, we also had a venue, considering none of the rest of us actually have homes that could facilitate such a bash. Everyone brought a little somethin' somethin'. I brought, as I said before, mashed potatoes, and they were a hit, even if they were a tad lumpy. Everyone lied through their teeth well to tell me that they loved lumps. The way I see it, if you put enough butter and salt in something, you could make mashed shoe taste pretty good.

The evening ended with cheesy dancing and me doing the dishes because I'm the jerk who forgot to tell everyone to BYOP (Bring Your Own Plate). Le sigh. It was awesome to celebrate with such great people!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment