Friday, January 10, 2014

Ready for kick-off

As my time left in the good ok' USA retreats, I can't help but become contemplative. It's funny the ways moving to Korea changed my life. It answered so many of those mid-level needs--having enough money, being fulfilled by my job (and doing it well!), social needs, and comfort-level needs. These are the things that you can live without, but not having them drains your sense of security and well-being.

When I'm in Korea, these needs are met. And as a result, I can focus on even higher order needs--continuing education, completing life goals, developing new and old hobbies, and exploring the world around me. 

Doing another year in Korea and having the new year upon us has me reflecting on me and my life before I left and now. I have high hopes for the next year, but also worries. I learned from my naïveté last year and am full of hesitation. But I am also open to all the new experiences I am about to throw myself headfirst into.

All in all, I CAN'T WAIT.

I will try to keep you all updated on my travels--but I won't lie. I will probably be too busy having a fabulous time.

No comments:

Post a Comment