Saturday, February 26, 2011

Just an Update

It's been a busy week full of deadlines and other gross things I don't even want to think about right now.

As a simple update to all of you who may or may not care:

I applied for 3, count 'em, THREE AmeriCorps jobs based in the L.A. area. Perks range from healthcare benefits to childcare (if eligible) to provided or paid for living accommodation to trnasportation subsidies. Gotta love those benefits.

Now, at what point did I become a person concerned about such things as benefits? I've never chosen a job for such things, mostly because they were never offered, but now that it's even an option? Pheweee, there's hardly any going back.

I applied for a couple internships, as well. This included a job working in the Pacific Islander community of southern California and the Round the World Internship.

Tim is recovering from surgery, so that's meant that the bulk of the chores has fallen to me. I think I have done a mighty fine job with it, if I do say so myself. It's also been nice because he actually let me falled asleep at 9 last night, which was just dreamy.

Hope all is going well out there in cyberville. This has been just an update.

1 comment: