Friday, February 11, 2011

Part 5--Driving Mr. Daisy

T and I culminated our day at Gates Pass. For those of you who do not know, Gates Pass is a thoroughfare through Sahuaro National Forest, connecting Tucson to Old Tucson, a gimmicky Old West town where you pay through the nose to watch fake gunfights and look at cheap souvenirs of rattlesnakes and Native American figurines.

Despite my distate for Old Tucson, this scenic drive shows the unnecessary excess of the Tucson elite, a jaw-dropping Sahuaro forest, and gorgeous canyon and mountain views. I didn't get any pictures because I was driving, but just know that if you ever come to Tucson, drive west on Speedway at sunset and you might have to redefine your definition of "beautiful."

As we drove off into the sunset, I don't know what was going through my mind, probably scenes from driving Miss Daisy with a couple gender reversals thrown in there.

No comments:

Post a Comment