Sunday, December 4, 2011

Silver Screen Sunday: Life in a Day

Life in a Day was streaming on Netflix, so I convince Beardy that we should watch. I am so glad I did. This movie brought up a lot of philosophical-esque questions for me, and they were fun to discuss with my beloved (connectedness/disconnectedness of humanity, the everlasting God question, The Point Of Life, and more).



There is no single story, there is just life, and that alone is beautiful. Organized loosely by theme, one scene, a single flash-in-the-pan moment of a real person's life, flows into the next with a fluid ease. The music that accompanies these tender moments of life is a beautiful complement to the sometimes amateur film-making.

I can't honestly say much more about this movie because I am still in awe of it. These film makers have taken something and purified it, made it whole for me. Maybe it's impact will not be felt by others, but for me, it made all the difference in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment