Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Crafty Christmas: Decorations

I have never been one to decorate for the holidays. Whenever my mom asked for my help, I would whine and moan and stomp my feet very unattractively. I would put it off as long as I possibly could and then I would help decorate the tree/put up the nativity/other elvin duties all while grumbling to myself about how I would never decorate my house ever ever ever unless I had child slaves like my parents.

Well, I caved. Perhaps I am becoming a more mature me, but I am starting to see the fun in decorating for the holidays. It's nice to have an abode of your own that you can festively decorate and feel all cozy and Christmas lucky inside. I see that now.

But my moment of clarity will not be tempered by my innate me-ness (cheapness). So all of my Christmas decor this year came from reclaimed and upcycled materials.



See those lovely garlands?! Yeah, they're paper bag cutouts from Trader Joe's (Spoiler Alert: TJ's bags will also make an appearance in my gift tags this year). I am going to make a WREATH (how adult and Christmas-y of me, you might be saying) out of magazines that have been cluttering my SINGLE-ROOM APARTMENT for what feels like decades.

Okay, so it's only two itty bitty decorations. But it's something!


No comments:

Post a Comment