Friday, February 24, 2012

Hidden beauty

I don't know how it happens, but sometimes I look around at all the crap and I can't but think that in its divine crappiness, there is something lovely, something beautiful about it all.

Here's to the power of choice, to choosing:
  • perceptions
  • opinions regardless of background or childhood
  • open-mindedness
  • to think I'm cute and self-love
  • happiness over sadness
  • to try even when there are no immediate results and long-term results seem impossible
  • to make a difference
  • to be the bigger person
  • love over hate
  • the impossible
If we were all to try to make this world a better, more beautiful place instead of giving up on it, maybe there would be a difference. Don't get defeated, young grasshopper. The impossible is possible.

Which is why I won't mention how pudgy/make-up less I look in the following WOP. A special shoutout to my fave 3rd grade friend for taking the photo.

Casual Workday
Shirt - Target
Cardigan - J-bunny hand-me-down
Maxi Skirt - Converted from a hand-me-down maxi dress that was too short for my lankiness
Shoes - Amazon ($12) And although you can't see them, they are adorable.

No comments:

Post a Comment