Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Craft Linkage?

I was wondering today as I was preparing to surf the net for some totally awesome items to spotlight as craft links, why am I bothering to post craft links and photos when none of my readers are heavy crafters? And I came to the conclusion that my blog is a little bit like my personal Pinterest*, but better, because I post these links and then I actually make some of the things I spotlight. And besides that, Pinterest is too full of white noise as it is - why should I contribute to that?!

So today, I am going to take short break from providing you with some of the raddest crafts the internet has to offer to tell you all a little secret: Pinterest is just another way to try to get you to buy something.

Now that the secret is out, we can all return to our consumer-driven lives a little more informed.**

*Confession: I DO actually have a Pinterest, but I've only pinned eight items.

**And now we can all see this pseudo-political ploy for what it really is--an excuse for not having any awesome craft links in the World Wide Web today.

No comments:

Post a Comment