Thursday, March 15, 2012

Work Friends, Lady Friends, Jello Wrestling

I may not be the kind of person who just loves parties, but I definitely love party/event planning. J-bunny and I planned a couple spectacular bashes during my collegiate years. These were epic parties we saw paraphernalia from months after the fact, events that garnered us some serious respect from fraternity boys.

But here's the caveat--I loathe party/event planning all by myself. My creative juices leak out my ears and pool around my ankles, slowing me down and de(un?)-motivating me.

Which is why planning this 5K Fundraiser for one of my schools has been seriously stressing me out! It would be great if I had someone to keep me accountable or on task, but lacking that, I find myself running around like a chicken with its head cut off t-minus two days to the event.

Thankfully, my co-worker/friend, K-Town, has really helped me get my shit together today. We have a DJ (thanks, Starchild!). We have a rainy day plan (effing bipolar California weather). We potentially have water coolers. We have water to drink for free and bottled water to sell. We *might* have our EMT/firefighter needs covered.



How in the world did I let myself get so far behind? What in the world would I do without her?!

No comments:

Post a Comment