Wednesday, April 4, 2012

The craft draft

I love mail. I love receiving it, sending it, opening it, publishing it, smelling it, and pretty much anything else [appropriate] you can do to mail. So when I found this tutorial on making your own wax seal, I may have screamed and shouted and jumped around a little bit (and that might be a little bit of an exaggeration).


Luckily, I will be traveling home for the Easter weekend, which means I will have access to a wood burning tool, which means this project is totally getting completed! Boo-ya!

The phrase "colored pencil beads" was just strange enough to pique my interests. The thing on the far right would make a freakin' adorable brooch, don't you think? Personally, I need more brooches. And dresses. And shoes. There are some things you can never have enough of.

When it comes to the crafts I post on here, I find Martha Stuart tutorials absolutely boring, dip-dyed t-shirts a thing of camps past, and children's party favors just so gauche.


But give me a stenciled Star Wars pillowcase tutorial and I am all over it like white on rice.


No comments:

Post a Comment