Sunday, August 19, 2012

Birchbox Delivery


I love me some mail, so I figured sample boxes would be the perfect way to make myself feel the mail love on a monthly basis, at least before I leave the country!! Well, today I received my first fix from Birchbox.

Confession: Not sure if it was worth the $10.

Included in the box

Yu-Bu Moisturizing Skin Cream
 Apparently, this is a best-selling Japanese skin cream. Now, folks, this tube is smaller than false eyelash adhesive! The tube says it's 3 grams. Remember waaaaay back to your high school chemistry class to what three grams looks like. It's nothing. The product should say "Careful, small parts. Could cause choking hazard for children 8 and under." And it smells like Carmex, but slightly more foul, when you put it on. Sure, that smell fades. And yeah, it makes your skin super soft in a non-oily way. But the tube provided wouldn't be enough to moisturize a single leg! The full size costs $16. I wonder how many grams that buys you. Okay, so I guess this is the hazard of sample boxes, but I feel totally ripped off.
Juicy Couture: Viva la Juicy La Fleur
Apparently this provides a "feminine blend of wild berries, mandarin, and waterlily." It's just the small size you can pick up at the counter at Macy's, but that's all I really expected anyway. I like the smell, even if it's smells a little like a baby prostitute, and it's been TPB-approved. When I saw him today, he said "mm, you smell good!" and I didn't even point out my new duds. I definitely wouldn't buy the $70 regular bottle mostly because I boycott Juicy on principle since they outfit 12-year-olds like...well, baby prostitutes.

theBalm cosmetics: Stainiac in Beauty Queen
Two-in-one cheek and lip stain, about the same size as the Juicy bottle and the full size would cost $17. I would never, I repeat: NEVER, pay that much for a cosmetic, but then again, I'm cheap. The applicator is one of those sponge applicators I am not a big fan of. I don't understand how that's supposed to work on your cheeks. However, I did use this stuff on my lips. It's not an extreme stain and I think it would require a couple applications to achieve a desirable result, but it's not sticky and not glossy. I like it, but again, I would NEVER pay that much for a lip stain.






The next two are weird ones. We've got a Schick Hydro Silk razor and Eye Rock: Designer Liner. The razor is...interesting. I feel like I could run down to the drug store and buy this for a couple bucks if I really wanted this razor. Why did it come in the box?? And the Designer Liner is the weirdest product I have ever seen. They are cat-eye liner STICKERS. So...you mean I am supposed to stick these stickers on my eyelids and still be able to blink normally? Heh, nice try. Check 'em out.


Get any good stuff in the mail lately?


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment