Friday, August 3, 2012

Things I Love About My Job

Last week, I attended a professional development session downtown where we discussed our best practices from the year and then our VISTA Leader had us write down those shared that we felt were most valuable. In the midst of writing down this information, Boss Lady came in and started imparting some information. At some point during her little speech, I must have determined it didn't really apply to me and tuned out, only to hear her saying "Would you be willing to do that, Samantha?"

Wild-eyed, I looked up at her, feigning a stressed smile and graciously saying "Of course!" having no idea what it was that I was agreeing to. Later, I hit up one of my VISTA pals and got the deets. Apparently, I agreed to give a speech about my VISTA service at an appreciation dinner for all the district fellows (TFA and a few others I don't recall).


Although I'm crazy busy cramming for the next day, I'm excited! I'll let you know how it goes. Now how to encompass the rewards and the very definite challenges about VISTA?


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment