Monday, December 31, 2012

New Years Resolutions

I make resolutions, like, all the time. Ok, probably twice a year (once at the New Year and once at my birthday). I never seem to check back in on these goals, though. So for resolution number one:

CHECK IN ON MY RESOLUTIONS AT LEAST ONCE A MONTH.

This way I can motivate myself to work toward these resolutions regularly. I think I'll do those check-ups right here on my good ol' blogspace because I share basically everything with you guys. Except when I get really busy and let blogging fall by the wayside. Which leads me to resolution number two:

POST REGULARLY, NO MATTER HOW BUSY I GET.

Not only is this blog something that helps you, my nearest and dearest, keep up with me while I'm jet setting across the globe, it's also a tangible record of those travels and adventures for me. Future-me deserves that. Which sort of touches on resolution number three:

MAKE AN INTENTIONAL EFFORT TO GO ON AN ADVENTURE AT LEAST ONCE A MONTH.

I'm thinking the DMZ tour (where you actually get to see bits of North Korea), Japan, Busan, Jeju Island (sort of the Hawaii of Korea), China, and Bali. Just so far. Travel does things to me - it opens my mind to the world beyond anything I know and makes me a more thoughtful, introspective person. That's why I don't mind going to Vietnam by myself and spending at least a year in Korea. This is good for me. Which segues oh-so-nicely into resolution number four:

TREAT YO'SELF . . . NICER.

I have a love affair with food. And it's rarely good for me. I want to make healthier choices on a regular basis. That doesn't mean I have to be perfect, but maybe, just maybe, I can treat my body like it won't last forever. I want to have regular solo-dance parties where I shake my groove-thang and work up a sweat. Nothing dramatic, just something.

My last resolution is to

WORK ON MY FAULTS.

I know my weaknesses. I'm an insufferable know-it-all. I can be overly confident/withdrawn/talkative at the completely wrong moments. I don't take criticism well. I don't keep up with my friends and family as well as I should. I have a lot of improvements to make. But I want to be conscious of those things and continually work to be better.


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment