Friday, February 1, 2013

Good News!

I got accepted to one of my (three) grad schools of choice! This is some news that has me walking on air, since I had really convinced myself I would get three rejections across the board.

I am also making good on one of my News Years' Resolutions by "going somewhere" once a month--this weekend, I am going to travel to Gwangju, a city in a southeastern province of Korea, about a four hour bus ride away, known for its relatively tight expat community. I am going with the Canadian 2.0 and a friend of the Sou'Frican to see the Feed the Boats farewell concert. From what I understand, this band is made up of foreigners and have been rocking pretty hard for the last couple years. So Gwangju, here I come!

It has kind of turned into a thing, what with the girls coming along. I'd originally intended on going in the most solo/cheese style way, and if it wasn't fun or it didn't work out, well, no one had to know that. But now there are people coming along. And I feel like I've somehow promised that this is going to be awesome when it can easily be one huge flop.

Oh, well. At least I'm getting out there and I'm doing it. Right? Hopefully the next time you hear from me, I still have friends.


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment