Monday, May 6, 2013

Lately

Oof, I've been a bad girl. Always neglecting the ol' blog. When it rains, it pours, so lucky you. Time to catch you all up on my life.

--I have officially decided to pursue my masters degree, starting June 3, 2013. I know I vacillated significantly regarding all my options, so thank you for hanging in there with me. I decided to completely disregard my prior musings of concentrating on a Masters in Development. Although that is still something I am interested in, I couldn't fathom getting into that kind of debt without any guarantees for employment.

All things considered, I decided that I will be pursuing my Masters of Education in Curriculum and Instruction with a specialization in ESL online. This option will allow me to continue teaching abroad and will make finding gainful (oh, let's be real: lucrative) employment wherever I choose to go in the next few years. In addition, since my future career goals definitely include youth services, this further education will still improve my chances towards that end. Finally, I've been feeling the need to seek more professional development in my current position. As such, I think this option is best for me financially and professionally. 

--I've officially been in Korea for eight months. As always, it feels like the time has absolutely flown by. I can't believe there is only one season left to go before my contract is up! As a small side-note, real-world-spring (as opposed to Arizona-spring), is the worst. I hate it, I hate it, I hate it. What a tease. Bring on summer.

--I've been making a conscious effort to keep in contact with people back home in more ways than one. I have been enjoying sending snail mail to friends and family back home. I'm having so much fun picking out all kinds of cute stationery.

--I'm really loving teaching my kindergarten class. They are such hard workers and every one of them are adorable and brilliant in their own way. It's a surprise to me, too, that they have ended up being my favorite class, and I will definitely be sad when the time comes to leave them.

--I've got so many exciting opportunities coming up. In two weeks, we have a four-day weekend. I'm hoping to go out of town, maybe see Busan, or some other new city. Next month, we have another four-day weekend, which I'm hoping to use to go to Japan. At the end of July, we have a five-day weekend (that is partially causing me inward groans because two day week? Seriously???) that has yet to be determined. Be excited, folks. The possibilities are endless!

That's all for now!


Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. YOU ARE SUCH A TEASE! I THOUGHT YOU WERE GONNA COME HOME AND YOU LIED!

    I am so sad.

    ReplyDelete