Thursday, September 19, 2013

Costco in Korea

Well I did it. I've been talking about it for nearly a year and on Wednesday, I actually did it. I took a trip to Costco. It's about 45 minutes away from my house, but once you're there in that Mecca of wholesale goods, it feels like an insta-trip back home, complete with actual foreigners. 

When we got there, we headed for the food court. I got pizza and the boys got hot dogs. Despite not having pepperoni (only options were beef bulgogi or combo), the pizza still tasted the same. The boys said the hot dogs were good but the bread was different. By far the weirdest thing we saw was every Korean there taking a heaping plate of the free onions (meant for the hot dogs) mixing it up with ketchup and mustard and eating it straight. Blech!

It was a bit smaller, but all the familiar things were there--cheese, giant packs of bacon, cheese, pickles, and did I mention cheese?!? These things alone were so worth the trip. 

When I got home, I promptly cut off a hunka hunka cheese and ate like five pickles. Mmmmmmmmmmm. 

No comments:

Post a Comment