Wednesday, February 2, 2011

The advent of adventuring

I am in the process of applying for the Round the World internship through STA travel. Basically, STA is this really great web site that gives suuuuper inexpensive flights/hotels/travel packages to students, teachers, and people under the age of 26 (sorry, snoozers).

In an effort to earn myself this awesome opportunity, I have to make a video that shows how charismatic and all-around awesome I am. Thus, a star (of an idea) was born: I would take all those fun adventures in Tucson that I have always wanted to tell everyone how amazing they are/the ones I never got around to actually doing would now have a forum for me to discuss. Actually, two forums: my awesome blog and my awesome video audition type thingy.

Now, I have got a really great list of ideas set and ready, which I will post, and then I, and my wonderful boyfriend T, will attempt to fly through them as quickly as possible.

The catch here? All of the adventures have to cost a) nothing at all or b) only gas money or c) $5 per person or less.

Yes, my friends, Tucson can be quite (cheaply) interesting because-- because-- because adventure (and love) actually is all around. So what if they weren't my words? They apply here just the same.

Adventure Ahoy, Matey!
  • Mission San Xavier del Bac
  • Stroll 4th Avenue
  • "A" Mountain
  • Biosphere 2
  • Gates Pass
  • T-Rex Museum
  • Traildust Town
  • Cinema La Placita
  • Philabaum Glass Art Museum
  • Walk the Presidio Trail
  • Sonoran Glass Art Academy
  • Ride the trolley
  • 18th Street Market
  • Driver River Road
  • 7 Cups Tea House
  • Summerhaven
  • Romero Pools
  • El Tiradito
  • 7 Falls
  • St. Augustine's Cathedral
  • Rincon Market
  • Starizona star party
  • Rooster Cogburn Ostrich Ranch
  • Mexico road trip
  • Peppersauce Cave
  • California road trip --> to the beach, baby!
  • Kitt Peak
  • Video games at Funtasticks
  • DeGrazia Gallery in the Sun
  • Club Crawl
  • Take Darcy to a dog park
  • Tucson Children's Museum
  • Steward Observatory mirror lab
  • Tucson Botannical Gardens
  • Southwestern International Raceway
  • Picacho Peak
  • Get pierced at Majestik
  • First Friday Shorts at the Loft Cinema
  • Gadsden-Pacific Division Toy Train Operating Museum
  • Reid Park Zoo
  • Chicago Music Store
  • See a show at the Rialto
  • Tucson Chinese Cultural Center
  • Crash a party
  • For Huachaca's Main, Annex, and US Army Intelligence Museums
  • Kartchner Caverns
  • Center for Creative Photography
  • Drinks at Club Congress
  • Volunteer
  • 602 W. Congress St.--Garden of Gethsemane?
  • 4th Avenue Street Fair
  • Las Vegas road trip
  • Redington Pass
  • The Grand Canyon
  • Dive bar tour-- The Shanty, the Meet Rack, the Buffet
If I am not mistaken, that's 55 adventures--and counting!--to take on. Not all of them will be completed and documented for my internship application video because that would be ridiculous. But most, and if I have my way about it, ALL of them will be documented for your vicarious adventuring pleasure right here.

Adventurer Out

No comments:

Post a Comment