Thursday, March 29, 2012

The Weekend Wanderer: Wake Forest University







I'll be honest, I had never heard of Wake Forest University before Psych Girl got in. But upon seeing the campus, I fell in love. It was a quaint campus, with lots of foliage and natural color, like much of Winston-Salem. The day I got to see it, the sky was a slate grey with gigantic, menacing clouds threatening to shower us in fresh rain.





The thing that I loved the most were the trees - all different shapes, sizes and colors, they populated the campus in larger quantities than students.

Of course, my second-favorite part of the campus was the library. I have always been drawn to libraries to supplement my bookworm-ish tendencies. I love library architecture, the stacks, especially large libraries (Wake's is eight stories! Library heaven!), children's sections that have nooks and crannies to crawl into, bay windows with seating that overlook beautiful areas, finding secret places, interesting and/or super comfortable seating, and when it's completely empty. Libraries can be hauntingly beautiful, and when we get excised from this planet due to some plague or alien invasion, books will stay behind and inform futures about us. Books will live on!



He that loveth a book will never want a faithful friend, a wholesome counselor, a cheerful companion, an effectual comforter." -Isaac Barrow



Although I was able to see the library and the grounds, I didn't get to see much else due to time constraints, which was unfortunate. I plan on returning to Wake one day soon, so when I do, I will fill you in on all the deets.

All who wander are not lost, my friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment