Saturday, July 21, 2012

Wandering Job: I'm going to Korea!

Yes, ladies and gents, I am going to Korea to teach at Kids' College in Yeongdeungpo, Seoul in a little more than five weeks! Cue panic attacks and non-stop Googling.

I will be teaching kindergartners for the first half of the day and then teaching elementary school for the last half of the day, Monday through Friday. The school provides lunch and dinner (free!) and my living accommodations, which are central Seoul, right on the Han river, near a Costco and biking/running paths. I'm right off the Mullae subway line, which means I am connected to all of Seoul quite easily.

In my Google frenzy, I have come across some negative things about Kids' College--the curriculum is sparse, the living accommodations leave something to be desire, tense working atmosphere?

So there are some good and bad things running through my head already. I suppose nothing will appease me until I get to Korea and truly figure this stuff out. Let's do it.


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment