Thursday, September 1, 2011

The end of the beginning--finally.

This might seem like deja vu, but tomorrow marks the last day of training. Again. This week has been very challenging, as it seemed to extend into the realm of uncountable hours stretching on into infinity. But even infinity has its limits, it seems.

I think many people in my training group are apprehensive for the end of this week. Although it's been boring and shockingly repetitive (of PSO), the end of training means the real beginning of our year of service, full of its own responsibilities like bi-weekly supervisor check-ins, weekly to monthly check-ins with our VISTA group, check-ins with our VISTA Leaders, weekly reports, quarterly reports, and really, the list could go on and on. But me?

No apprehension here. I welcome the challenges ahead and can't wait to dive right in and make a difference. I am VERY excited, people.

But before I can commence diving right in, I am being rewarded with a lovely long weekend and I shall doubly reward myself by going to the Norton Simon Museum of Art tomorrow to look at all the awesome paintings by Monet, Rembrandt, Degas, Renoir, van Gogh, Raphael, Botticelli and more. And guess what? It's free Friday, so I can actually afford this little bit of culture.

No comments:

Post a Comment